You can complete a BA and then an MA degree at the University of Oslo, or you can go to a foreign university to study museum conservation. Conservation training includes courses in chemistry. At master’s level, students specialize in particular types of materials, such as paper, paintings, objects, textiles, photographs or books. Many of the students on master’s courses have bachelor’s degrees in art history, archaeology, or fine or applied arts. Many of the conservators at the museum studied at the University of Oslo or in England or Germany. I myself have a BA from the University of Oslo and an MA from a university in England.

Kind regards, Alexandra, paper conservator