Practical information for your visit to the National Museum
Here you will find information about accessibility and facilities at the museum, and useful tips to make your visit a success.
Before coming to the museum
- See opening hours and ticket prices and buy tickets in advance
- Download the app: The National Museum Visitor Guide shows how to find your way around the museum. It includes an audio guide, interactive map, and extra content.
- Check out current exhibitions and events
- In addition to the main entrance at Brynjulf Bulls plass 3, there is a separate entrance to the library at Dronning Mauds gate 3, and to the café and shop from the museum plaza on the 1st floor.
- There are four parking spaces for visitors with disabilities in Dokkveien, on the side of the museum facing Aker Brygge.
- Your ticket is linked to a time slot. You can enter when the time slot starts, and stay as long as you like. Tickets are scanned at the entrances to exhibitions.
- Large bags over A4 in size, umbrellas and similar objects must be placed in the lockers in the cloakrooms on floor -1. You will find toilets and cloakrooms in the basement at level -1. There are also toilets within the exhibition areas on all three floors. Ask a member of staff if you need help.